As part of regular discussions between Kilfenora Development and Clare County Council, the Council suggested marking out parking bays in Kilfenora Square. The Council Engineers have made some initial suggestions that pose a few practical issues – see their draft plan below – and so Kilfenora Development is asking for community views about what would be sensible.
Elements to be considered include
- creating marked car parking bays along on the north side of the Square (Lisdoonvarna side) – would these help parking, make the Square look ‘organised’?
- creating marked out spaces for the habitual parking areas of Bus Eireann on each side of the Square AND, longer term, considering the possible installation of bus stop signs and bus shelters
- creating marked spaces for up to 2 buses or delivery trucks (middle square area, away from parking adjacent to pavements)
- when buses stop for the Burren Centre, they typically park by the weighstation; is that OK, and should there be marked bus bays?
- what other considerations should be allowed for?
If you have views on these choices, or feel that the current ‘free-for-all’ unregulated parking should continue, please send an email expressing your views to or drop a note into O’Gormans shop marked for the attention of Kilfenora Development. The closing date for submission of views is Friday 4 June.