Here is a selection of images from Kilfenora’s typically lively and humorous St Patrick’s Day parade, followed by a lengthy music session in one of our pubs including many distinguished Clare musicians.
At present, repairs are on Saturdays only, but may also take place on Wednesdays during the main summer period. (Call 065 70 88846, as opening hours vary during the week.)
Dumping of unwanted bikes is a long-standing problem. Now, a recycling scheme has been started with the support of Clare County Council’s Greener Clare programme. (This has its own Facebook page here.)
As part of this scheme, the Burren Hub in Kilfenora will undertake any brake related repairs free of charge, and can provide recycled spare parts for free. Free advice on maintaining your bike is also available.
If your bike is beyond repair or if you wish to donate any old bikes, the Burren Hub will take them off you for recycling – bring them to the shop or call to arrange collection.
Note that the Burren Hub currently has a bicycle that was dumped some months ago in ‘Hogan’s Field’ – between O’Gormans shop and the Burren Centre. This will be sent for re-cycling unless an owner is identified. See photo below.
- Getting to grips with technology
- Kilfenora public meeting (Tuesday, 7pm) on proposed ‘Burren Drive’
- Kilfenora Post Office petition – please sign now
- Kilfenora Post Office
- Garda Rural Information meeting, Kilfenora 30.11.17
- Kilfenora ‘time capsule’ 2017-2067
- Annual Clay Pigeon Shoot
- Fleadh Cheoil and Kilfenora
- Manus McGuire & Emily Flack in concert 14 October 2017