Here is a selection of images from Kilfenora’s typically lively and humorous St Patrick’s Day parade, followed by a lengthy music session in one of our pubs including many distinguished Clare musicians.
A meeting in Kilfenora community hall is being convened on Friday 7 of September at 8pm. This will discuss issues raised on last Friday night (31st August) regarding the future of Kilfenora Post Office.
There will be no public representatives invited to this meeting. All members of the community are asked to attend as this is an issue of vital importance to the village.
The recent meeting on Friday 31st August 2018 saw possibly the largest collection of Clare political representatives ever to visit Kilfenora at one time.
Tom O’Callaghan from the independent postmasters’ group and Gerry Duddy of the Irish Public Banking Forum were listed speakers. However, most of the evening was taken up by contributions from three Clare TDs – Pat Breen, Dr. Michael Harty and Timmy Dooley – followed by an array of councillors.
The meeting concluded with the proposal of a local working group to examine what might be done to retain postal services in Kilfenora.
- Garda Rural Information meeting, Kilfenora 30.11.17
- Kilfenora ‘time capsule’ 2017-2067
- Annual Clay Pigeon Shoot
- Fleadh Cheoil and Kilfenora
- Manus McGuire & Emily Flack in concert 14 October 2017
- Charity tea at Clare Varden’s on Sunday 2 July
- Kilfenora at Clare Fleadh 2017
- The Daughter from over the water
- Kilfenora Senior Citizens Xmas party 2016