Here is a selection of images from Kilfenora’s typically lively and humorous St Patrick’s Day parade, followed by a lengthy music session in one of our pubs including many distinguished Clare musicians.
The Burren Centre, Kilfenora, is the location for weekly sessions where older people can get to grips with the technology tools that increasingly dominate modern life – smart phones, PCs (personal computers) and tablets.
Every Friday morning (10-11am), Lisdoonvarna Secondary School Transition year students are sharing their knowledge of technology with the older generation of Kilfenora and North Clare, in the relaxed atmosphere of the Burren Centre Tea rooms.
The students help to de-mystify and build confidence in using these tools,or just to make better use of them.
Eve McMahon, Aine Brennan, Latisha Carr, Laura Griffey, Gearoid Howley, Cliona Stout, Ruth Costello and Harry Wainwright are the students involved.
The sessions are proving very popular and are continuing until Friday 14 December.
For further information and to book a place, please phone The Burren Centre at 065 7088030.
- Kilfenora public meeting (Tuesday, 7pm) on proposed ‘Burren Drive’
- Kilfenora Post Office petition – please sign now
- Kilfenora Post Office
- Garda Rural Information meeting, Kilfenora 30.11.17
- Kilfenora ‘time capsule’ 2017-2067
- Annual Clay Pigeon Shoot
- Fleadh Cheoil and Kilfenora
- Manus McGuire & Emily Flack in concert 14 October 2017
- Charity tea at Clare Varden’s on Sunday 2 July